This paper is based on a project taking place for operating room staff members describing both the benefits and the rationale behind using the Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) system, and also describes how to use and incorporate the RFID system into practice on a daily basis. The project is to research the benefits of the system, and to develop an educational presentation to the staff describing why using this device will benefit them and their patients. Guidelines are:
Chapter 1: Introduction
A. Provide an introduction (suggested length of 4–6 pages) that explains the rationale for your project by doing the following:
1. Provide your problem statement.
2. Explain the background of the problem.
3. Summarize the scope of the project by doing the following:
a. Describe the practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
b. Provide a rationale for the practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
Chapter 2: Literature Review
B. Provide a thorough and well-organized literature review on your topic by doing the following:
1. Review a minimum of 30 credible sources that were published within the last five years.
Note: In order to prove that you have reviewed 30 credible sources, you will need to provide a list, in APA format, of the sources you reviewed for part B1.
2. Identify best practices for your topic based on the review of literature.
3. Provide an evidence summary of the literature relevant to the topic you have chosen.
C. Recommend a practice change, quality improvement, or innovation based on the findings of the literature review and evidence summary from parts A and B.
D. Provide a preliminary reference list in APA format using the “MSN Capstone Template.”
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.