Please explain the etiology and pathogenesis of Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). In addition, please explain why many patients have to take antacids and muscle constrictors when treated for GERD.
Research Paper for Pathophysiology Class
• Each student will submit a research paper on a specific medical condition or subject. The paper should demonstrate the student’s in depth understanding of pathophysiology.
• Information to be contained in the paper includes signs/symptoms, disease etiology, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and current trends in the diagnosis and treatment of the medical condition chosen. In addition, the paper should include an abstract (a short synopsis on the medical condition) and a background in which the student will explain to the reader the importance of the medical condition. There should also be a conclusion/summary.
• There is no minimum or maximum length for the paper, but remember, the paper is worth 100 points.
• The format of the paper will include a 12 pt font; with one inch margins on top, bottom, right and left side; and double-spaced.
• Three professional and/or clinical references will be used for compiling the research paper. These references will be listed at the end of the paper. The references should be current (not older than 2001) and discuss information on current trends in treating the medical condition. Internet references should be validated for clinical accuracy; it is advised to use references from professional medical association sources rather than private party web pages i.e. Wikipedia.• The research paper must be the students’ own work. Plagiarism is prohibited. Please use proper citation (MLA or APA standards) for references.