1. Read the article “Applying Lean Principles to the Design of Healthcare Facilities” located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Hicks, C., McGovern, T., Prior, G., Smith, I., et al (2015). Applying lean principles to the design of healthcare facilities. International Journal of Production Economics, 170(Part B), 677-686.
2. Read the article “Current Trends in Health Facility Planning, Design, and Construction” located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Beale, C., & Kittredge Jr., F. D. (2014). Current trends in health facility planning, design, and construction. Frontiers of Health Services Management, 31(1), 3-17.
3. Read the article “Part 1: Evidence-Based Facility Design Using Transforming Care” at the Bedside Principles in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Devine, D. A., Wenger, B., Krugman, M., et al (2015). Part 1: Evidence-based facility design using transforming care at the bedside principles. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 45(2), 74-83.
4. Identify stakeholders in facility planning and development.
5. Discuss budget planning and cost estimates.